The term “Chakra” is a Sanskrit word of South Asia that translates to mean “wheel, point, or circle.” It is associated with Hinduism, and it has its origin in the Ayurveda philosophy; a traditional Hindu alternative medicine involving balancing three bodily fluids (humor) of wind, bile, and phlegm. It is often referred to as the spiritual energy nexuses in the body.
A Chakra is just one of so many different forms of Chakras. There are seven main Chakras positioned along the spine, starting from the top of the head to the bottom of the spine, and they include: the Root Chakra, Sacral Chakra, Solar Plexus Chakra, Heart Chakra, Throat Chakra, Third Eye Chakra, and Crown Chakra. These Chakras are connected to different glands and organs in our body system such that they affect the entire body system either positively or negatively, all depending on its state of being. They influence human life ranging from one’s moods, physical and mental health, to goal achievements.
Understanding these seven Chakras is very important, as it helps you live a balanced healthy and happy life. However, there is a need to know that distortion in the harmonious balance of these seven Chakras can cause problems in your life as an individual. Once a distortion sets into either one or more of the Chakras, it is believed to be blocked, and this can prevent you from experiencing a happy life. Take, for instance, the heart Chakra. It has a lot to do with your love life and has a way of affecting your love life negatively if not unblocked. This blockage can be as a result of holding onto hurts from past relationships or grudges, having low self-esteem, or other negative relationship experiences. This is the more reason you need to take these seven practical steps to unlock your Chakras and stay on top of it.
How do Chakras get blocked and why you need to heal them!
A Chakra gets blocked when you have a counter feeling towards the Chakra’s core responsibility, and they become more affected with the increase in gravity of the counter feeling.
● The Muladhara (Root Chakra) is responsible for an individual’s sense or feeling of security and stability. Physically it can be traced to the bottom part of the spine right where your tailbone is located, and it is associated with red color. This Chakra belongs to the earth element, and it is blocked if an individual feels threatened—that is, if the individual feels insecure or lacks basic survival needs like food, housing, or clothes. Once this is disturbed, it manifests in the individual through anxiety and panic.
● The Svadhisthana (Sacral Chakra) is responsible for your creativity and sexuality. This Chakra is positioned in the middle of the abdomen, approximately two inches below the belly button, and it is associated with orange color from the element of water. This Chakra is blocked when you feel bored, less inspired, and have a low sex drive as a result of stress, unpleasant relationships, or when you’re always being talked down to.
● The Manipura (Solar Plexus) is your power and confidence. It enhances your ability to feel good about yourself and can achieve anything once your mind is on it. It’s situated around the stomach area at the top of your abdomen. It is associated with yellow color and from the fire element. You know this Chakra is blocked if you have issues remembering things or problems with digestion. This may be as a result of long-lasting low self-esteem or failures in the past.
● The Anahata (Heart) is responsible for your love and compassion. This Chakra is more spiritual than physical as it connects the body, mind, emotions, and soul. This Chakra is right above the heart, green in color, and of the element of air. It is blocked when you have the challenge of relating to people, feeling less compassionate towards others, or having trust issues.
● The Vishuddha (Throat) is responsible for your expressions and ability. Once you are unable to say what is in your mind without fear of the audience or listener, your throat chakra is blocked, and you’ll start experiencing pain both in the neck and throat tissues. This Chakra is positioned in the middle of the throat, blue in color, and from the ether element.
● The Ajna (Third Eye) is responsible for intuition, which is your ability to trust in your feelings and work according to them. It is located in the center of your brow and indigo in color. This Chakra is blocked if you try to always doubt your intuitions or seek to be too rational about everything. As a result you might end up struggling to sleep and having difficulty learning new things.
● The Sahasrara (Crown Chakra) is responsible for enlightenment. If this is blocked, an individual tends not to appreciate anything in life, and in the long run, depression sets in. This Chakra is situated on the top of the head and violet in color.
Reasons, why you need to heal your blocked Chakras are unending but let’s go by the words from these renowned psychologists:
“Most people that are on the path to self-knowledge (the art of being) are doing so from the perspective of trying to achieve it. Interestingly, it is this attitude that blocked Chakras holds back, which stops us from arriving at ‘Being.’”
ALAIN AND JODY HERRIOT
We must also remember that it is an evolving process, not just a result. Many believed that they will arrive and that will be it. From our ongoing life experiences, this is not the case; we are a constant evolution of awakening. Today’s understanding is tomorrow’s stepping stone to more awareness and subsequently more Being.
Steps to heal your blocked Chakra
Doing these simple things will help heal your blocked Chakra:
1. Discover a quiet place
Spend some time in a quiet place alone and take in some deep breathing. This is to lessen your tension and helps you feel rhapsodized.
2. Reinforce positive messages to yourself
Chant positive messages through Chakra affirmations or Mantra. Mantras are short sound codes for each of the seven Chakras. This reinforcement can be your personal drafted lines that you can recite to get healing. For instance, if you experience symptoms of a blocked Root Chakra, you can develop a private message to unlocking it like saying “My Muladhara is enhanced and I’m secure in every area of life. I have what I want and when I want it.”
3. Change your diet
Your diet and lifestyle may affect the harmonious balance of your Chakras. In view to changing your diet you will have to go for more of fruits and vegetables depending on the Chakra that is affected which you wish to unblock; taking fruits that are similar in color to the affected Chakra is a whole lot helpful. For instance, in appealing to Root Chakra, you can go for strawberries, tomatoes, and other types of berries.
4. Enforce emotional freedom techniques (EFT)
This involves gently touching with your fingers the areas of the body that relate to energy centers. In doing so, remain focused on your purpose of enforcing the emotional freedom techniques and have the goal that you want to achieve in mind.
5. Apply Chakra-healing reiki
This method has to do with putting your hands on different places on your body to enhance transfer of positive energy and send out negative energy. Just like the normal process of breathing, which oxygen is inhaled and carbon dioxide is emitted, healing takes place in the long run.
6. Adopt Chakra meditation
The Chakra meditation involves a series of seven short, simple meditations to practice for all seven Chakra types.
● Picture a purple light beaming out from on top of your head, connecting you to the energy of the universe around you.
● Identify your brow region which represents your third eye; at this point see an indigo light getting brighter as it spins.
● Focus on the hollow of your throat while imagining a blue light rotating and moving as you breathe.
● Visualize a green light around your heart or chest. While doing this, you can place your palm flat on your chest.
● Tune your mind into an orange light beaming right beneath your chest. That’s where you feel love and excitement.
● Imagine a warm lighting spinning and pulsing in time with the rhythm of your breath.
● Finally, at the bottom of your spin, picture a red light glowing and spinning at its center. Feel it move with your breath.
7. Do not suppress the overactive Chakras
In your lead to healing your blocked Chakra, avoid suppressing the overactive Chakras so as not to make them less active; otherwise, they might turn out to affect your current efforts and general optimal fulfillment.
Knowledge of Chakras and the essence of unblocking them are vital for our everyday life. They can be applied in other aspects of life as well be it a relationship, financial prosperity, or attaining the desired goal. Your ability to unlock these Chakras and put them to work will strengthen your unique problem-solving ability, guiding you to actualizing the real you with self-worth to have a balanced life. There is no joy to be compared to the satisfaction of fulfilling your purpose, and with your Chakras it is limitless.